Welcome to our Organic Materials Synthesis Laboratory!
We are a research group under the supervision of Prof. Yong Rok Lee (이용록) at the School of Chemical Engineering, Yeungnam University, Gyeongsan, Republic of Korea.
Our laboratory group seeks to develop new synthetic tools that enable efficient, straightforward approaches to chdenyenging molecular architectures. Our field of interest is not only limited to research in organic synthesis but we are also highly interested in other facets and applications of synthetic chemistry such as nanotechnology and drug development. To fully realize the potential of our synthesized materials, exploring practical applications has been a natural course of action.
Our research interests include:
- Natural Product Synthesis
- Organic Synthesis Utilizing Diazo Compounds
- Transition-Metal-Catalyzed or -Free Direct Oxidative Reactions
- Construction of Aromatics and Heteroaromatics via Benzannulation and N-Annulation
- Green Synthetic Approach to Nanoparticles & Carbon Dots
- Imaging and Sensing for Biological and Industrial Applications
- Biological Properties and UV-Filter Evaluation